The Great Dane Rescue of the Carolina’s depends largely on the efforts of our volunteers. It is people like you, who volunteer their time, energy, and knowledge, who make a major difference in the lives of these gentle giants. It is also enormously rewarding to save a Dane, and to see them placed in loving and caring homes to live happy lives.
We hope you’ll consider volunteering with us in some of the following areas:
- Bathing and grooming to keep the dogs clean and feeling fresh!
- Interacting and exercising
- Spending quality one on one time with the Danes to develop their love and trust for people
- Keeping the Danes exercised and well-socialized with people and other animals is crucial for their health, and for finding their new forever homes.
- Help the Danes learn and maintain doggy manners
- Introduce visitors to our Danes
- Help acquaint visitors to our adoption process
- Transporting Danes to and from vet appointments
- Transporting new Danes to GDRC’s facility
- Fundraising events
- Help out during fundraisers.
- Have other ideas for fundraisers? Let us know!!!
- Grounds maintenance
- Administrative Activities
In order to volunteer with GDRC, you must be at least 18 years of age. All volunteers must sign a release of liability, and attend an orientation session.
If you want to give a hand to help these four legged friends please fill out the Volunteer profile. This application will help us better know you and what you can do for our wonderful dogs.